Malaysian Cuisine

Wow, it has been ages hasn't it? I had an epiphany today. After living in Malaysia for roughly more than a year, I haven't done one single post on the tuning scene over here! Well, its time we changed that....


The car industry over here is quite a large and lucrative one. Having two very successful home grown brands helps in the matter too. Perodua alone sells 8000 units of their Myvi every month (Explains the massive traffic jams in KL). Their tuner culture is an even crazier experience by itself. Having a whole load of spares strewn around the nation means you will find a lot oddball conversions too. From 2JZ powered Mercs to SR20 powered Toyota's. The combinations are endless. The best part is that, there is no lack of style either. Malaysians embrace the stance movement, adore the JDM look and even go full Americano Pimp mode too!

The sheer variety from JDM metal to European finesse to American muscle, Malaysia has it all. One of the best places to check the scene out is in Sunway. An area filled with a few hundred automotive workshops and parts stores interconnected together by narrow paved roads. 

 Fancy a wide body classic Mini? Sunway did have quite a few surprises for us....

We spotted this wide body E46 rolling on what seems like Hartge wheels. I am guessing these were just spares though.

 Loved this old Scoob! And check out the ratted out Mazda in front of it! 

In the next lane we spotted this Drag Spec EF. One of two obsessions over here. Either you drag or drift. These two forms of Motorsport are the hip and happening thing over here. Grass roots and professional drifters are galore. And if they can fit a turbo to something, they would drag it at the strip! 

Right behind it was this slice of JDM goodness! An Evo estate sitting on some tasty CE28's was a real treat! 

 Check out the stopping power it was packing! 

This was another delicacy! Widebody, mad paint scheme and it was a rare manual too! Dont ask me what that front spoiler is for though! Oh yeah, the number plate reads JDM too ! 

 Wink Wink! First time I saw a Starion in the flesh. This one was a full on Rally car! Yum yum!

I heard you like R35's? Well you can probably get sick of them if you come here. There were 5 parked in just this place alone. The GTR is one hell of a popular car over here!

 But its when you see one of these rare beauties is when you should get really excited! 

I did mention there were a lot of GTR's right? But my jaw dropped and I had to change me pants when I saw the 34 in the middle! 

 Oh yes please! You cant get a better view than this! 

 Choose your poison! Dibs on the 34! 

 Hubba Hubba! 

 Yeah, just another random GTR... wait what's that next to it? 

STI Fozzie anyone? I am sure you want one, especially one that looks as cool as this! Wonder whether the WRC number plate is pure coincidence or not... 

 Another stunning looking STI 7 sitting on some SSR Type C's! 

Oh what do we have here? This time though my jaw fell and just rolled into some distant corner. I have always dreamed of seeing a De Tomaso Pantera in person. This might have not been a perfect example, but heck even in its paint less form it stole my heart! 

I have my doubts whether its a real GT5, but it sure is a real Pantera. The wheels on this car had dish for days! 

 Sitting behind it was this wild looking Evo! 

A fan of S Chassis cars? Well you are in the right place! Most of them have been turned into Drift machines, but you do see a few road going versions too. 

 I guess they like the colour Orange a lot over here....

I shall leave you with this stunning S15. Expect more posts from Paradise Island in December! Till then....

Charith Kulasiri

Comments

  1. Some sick rides CK! great snaps as usual :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great pics thanks to me new phone! Cant wait to have a DSLR in my hands again!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts