Boxing Gloves

Funny story about this car. The first time I saw it, was at the corner of a one way street in the darkness. It was midnight, I was half a sleep, but all I needed was a glimpse and I was wide awake. I walked over to the car and right away I knew it was something special. The owner climbed in and drove off and I never saw the car again. Well until it popped up on an on-line classified. Sadly I could not afford to buy it, but my friend Clive did. And seeing it in full light is far more better I must say! 

I love the GC chassis Impreza. I guess that goes without saying, because most of our posts here consist of them! Many of the Subaru enthusiasts out there will tell you that the original GC chassis Impreza will always be the best Impreza ever. Why? Well maybe because of it purity and lack of electronic driver aids made it very popular,and c'mon it sure does look good! So here we are with another beauty from our streets. Its Clive De Silva's latest acquisition. Its actually his car for the daily grind! 

Now most of you might complain that because its a conversion that its not a proper car. But let the haters hate! There are only a very few original cars out there, and its nice to see at least conversions of these great cars on our roads! 


What we are dealing with here is a full on STI 5, with a few special extras that we will tell you about later! 

Little details like the crystal fog lamps and clear turn signals give the front end a more modern and cleaner look! 

But probably the most noticable upgrade are the wheels! Now I must say that I personally prefer the stock 16' wheel that come from the factory. 

But these aint ordinary wheels! Measuring in at 17 inches the lovely ADVAN RC wheels are rare and beautiful items. They have been given a coat of gun metal grey paint for extra kick too! 

They sure do suit the car well! 

Moving on to the rear end, most of you might notice something quite different! Yes its that spoiler. 

This mother of rear wings is an authentic Type RA spoiler. 

Huge would be an understatement I think.....


It sure does make quite a difference to the rear end. And obviously it does help with the aerodynamics.

Gotta love a side profile like that! 

Lets step inside for a moment shall we? 

Clive still has not had a chance to do much to the car. But his plans include a different steering wheel, some auxiliary gauges and a few other bits. 

For now he's got this slick new gear knob. Chunky little fellow it was!

And the MOMO race steering wheel is a lovely addition too. I think Clive should stick to it, with out changing it!

I must add, White sure does look good on this! 

The power house. Mostly stock right now, but Clive has a few plans! Wonder what they would be! 

DAT SPOILER! 

Complimentary rolling shots.....

Looks better in motion don't you think? 

I shall leave you with this one! A big Thank you to Clive for driving all the way to Galle to shoot! Hope you enjoyed this post, as we will be taking a short break for a couple of months. But please do follow us on Instagram and Facebook!

By Charith Kulasiri

Comments

  1. well covered article mate! good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent work of art Charith...super captures and writeup...justice well served for the ride and it's make.....kudos...to u....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where _did_ you find that graffiti wall?

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey man, i was the one who drove off the other day from that street.....
    it's nice to see her again & it Brock my heart to sell her... anyways good job with the review cheers.... althaf

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts