The Schwarz Cruiser!

When it comes to tuning cars, you can either install a whole load of aftermarket parts and at the end of it you may win or loose. Either the car is just too much or it can be the best thing out there. But there is the route of doing very simple and subtle mods and you end up with something really brilliant! This car right here is the perfect example. 

The E60 featured here is owned by Mr.Ranjan Alles who is a well known figure in the Sri Lankan BMW community. Being a devout enthusiast to the BMW brand, he has always bought these lovely machines and nothing else. When I was young I remember seeing his garage, and in it were parked two lovely BMW's. Ever since then I told myself that I would buy one too.....

This E60 530i is no ordinary 5 Series, I am sure you would have realised that too! 

Beautiful aint she?  

From the front the looks have been greatly improved thanks to the Mtech bodykit. Gives the car a very sinister and purposeful look! 

The famous trademark Angel eyes is a must on any modern BMW, harking back to the design phase of older generations. 

As i told you it was the finer little details that mattered. The badges have been replaced to a custom black and white instead of the regular blue and white. 

But one exception was that the front grille was left as it it. It wasn't smoked like how most people do. And I think its good, as it highlights the front end very well. 

At the rear, a carbon fiber diffuser has been installed. If you were wondering what that exhaust is, well its a Racing Dynamics exhaust which includes the manifold as well. And my goodness does it sound sweet!  

Other performance mods include, an aftermarket ECU which gives this car almost 260 plus BHP. 

Another BMW innovation was the Shark fin spoiler.....

Its not an M5 but its close! 

Wheels can either make or break your car, in this case these lovely 18inch alloys just take the cake! Just wish the inner section was in a darker colour, would have made the car look so much meaner!! 

Though the exterior maybe all tough, inside its a lovely world of soft cream leather and polished wood! Black on cream is a really good colour combo! 

Hope you enjoyed this post! This would be the last post I upload from Sri Lanka for awhile, but please do check in again soon as I have two more lovely features to publish (Alex's RX8 and Janaka's Impreza) 

Big Thank you to Uncle Ranjan! 

By Charith Kulasiri

Comments

  1. I remember uncle Ranjan taking me and my best buddy Yuhaan for a drive in this car.. Sitting in the back, I was forced to lay back on the seat because this car has a hell of a lot of torque.. It was really an amazing experience.. We hit 160 kph on the Cinec road in Malabe, and this girl did it effortlessly! I still remember Yuhaan gasping for air, sitting in the front. Plus, the braking power on this car is truly remarkable.. No matter how fast we went, uncle Ranjan managed to bring it down to safe limits in the blink of an eye. (I don't really know whether to attribute that to uncle Ranjan's driving skills or the brakes on the car :P) Anyway, I must say that you've put a lot of effort into enhancing the car's overall performance and it's looks. That effort has definitely paid off! Way to go uncle! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice mods but why oh why the M5 badge???

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts