We Be Rolling!!

I always have and always will be obsessed with automobiles. Even when i was yay high i used to mimic the sound of a car and run around the house. Cut out newspapers if there was a picture of a nice car in it, collected models of cars and today i own a vast collection of automotive literature too. But never did i think that i would one day spend so much time with cars almost everyday of my life. 

Taking a picture of a car is hard enough, but when done right it is very rewarding. But something that always intrigued me was how it would be like to do a proper rolling shoot! And so here I am with 3 amazing cars and their very cool owners on a Friday evening to try this out for myself. 

 Here are the 3 contenders!

 First up Changs awesome STI 7 which we featured earlier. 

 And my favorite out of the lot, Razali's STI 6 

And Sabir's Silver Bullet! Looking good here as always! 

 This is the view you get when these cars prowl the streets of Colombo!

 The two brothers!

 Sorry but I will still have this one! Razali i must confess i have a huge crush for this car!

 How can you not love it eh? 

 Razali was trying to explain how refined the new Impreza was.......

Sabir even brought along his other toy, a little RC car that could beat all these beasts! It was crazy fast I must say!

This caught our attention for a few seconds and then it was back to boosted power!

So time to hit the streets for some shots. And how lucky am i? This Honda Civic EG6 SIR was going to be our camera car! 

 Just noticed how big that original exhaust is.....

 So sticking my self out of the sunroof got me this shot. I so wanna cruise like this someday......

 A little overtaking maneuver and...

 there we go! 

 This shot made me realise that these cars look even more better when they are in motion!

 What would you think when you saw this in your rear view mirror??

 Beauty in motion....

 Just gorgeous! 

 End of round 1.

 Time for round 2!

I am seriously in love with this car! 

The sounds these cars made while we were blasting down those narrow roads just made me go crazy. Especially Changs car which had a lovely burble when it was revved. 

And Sabir's crazy HKS blow off valve was heard right at the back of the convoy. 

Our trusty pace car driver, Farthab! You gotta Thank this guy, if not for him and his car none of this would be possible! Thumbs up to you mate! 

 And wow the sound that Civic made was just pure music to my ears! 

Sabir smiling like crazy here! That is the kinda smile you get when your driving a car as cool as his. 

Gotta love this trio! Trying to think what was going through the head of that guy in the Maruti. He seemed really pissed, lol! 

 And then it was time to head back....

As soon as I gave the thumbs up, Bang they were gone!

 Managed to get this before they drove off into the sunset! 

So in the end it was a great day after all. Really enjoyed it. I shall leave you guys with this, which is probably the best shot i have taken so far. A very big Thank You to Sabir for lending me his camera, and to Farthab for driving around in circles and to Razali and Chang for bringing their cars along.
Thanks guys!

By Charith Kulasiri 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts